Sunday, July 6, 2008

First Day at Notre Dame

So today i started off the day with a flight at 6 from Sea-Tac to Chicago and then caught another plane to South Bend, which i arrived at 3:30.  I was picked up by Stephen Holte my organizer who is a younger guy that i get along well with.  I was introduced to Brian Smith who i will be living with for the next 18 months.  He is a very nice guy, i think we will complement each other nicely.  We then went over to Stephen's for beer's and pizza and was introduced so some of the other members of the Holy Cross that had a part in creating our program.  I am staying with the priests in the mission center which is basically a big dorm, but has considerably nicer amenities than a normal dorm, including an always open kitchen and snack room along with some other games and what not.
After dinner Brian gave me a little tour of campus and showed me around.  Then we went to mass at 9 at the Basilica (pictured right), which is very impressive.  The campus of Notre Dame is very nice and so far we have been blessed with the weather.  It sounds like we should have a little
bit of free time but we have a fair amount of things to taker care of and introductions to be made.  But now i am a bit tired from the traveling and what not.  I send my love to you all.

No comments: