Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Birthday

Another year older. But I am still only 4 years older than some of my students and I am a fair bit younger then the rest of the teachers here.
My birthday went along swimmingly with a bit of a surprise party orchastrated by Brian and Michelle. I was of course oblvious to the whole thing because as i like to say i am a ¨big picture¨ person. So, there was a little surprise party at the Cantelori family house. The Cantelori family is a famly that we have been getting to know rather well. A couple of the teacher that i work with showed up and so did some of my Gringo friends. It was a very nice gesture and had a hefty a mount of food. The mom, i guess i would say my Chilean mom, (or at least one of them) made this rediculous cake that was the size of a small pontoon boat. I got some nice little gifts and just enjoyed being in the company of the people down here.
I appreciate all the birthday wishes from everyone and i hope that you are all well. I will post some picture of my birthday and the game later, but as for now i am off to teach some English.

1 comment:

Aunt M said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN!! (and I hate exclamation points for some weird reason so you gotta know I feel strongly about this...)A day late, I'm sorry. I do feel you should extend Bday celebrations as long as possible.
Your "blogs" are great. I love them. And I am so proud of you. it seems like daily you are taking steps of such courage and conviction. Bless you for that, John.
I love you. Very much.
Happy Birthday,
Aunt Mairi