Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wednesday September 2, 2008

Man it feels weird writing that. It is September and I don’t know where the time has gone. This week has been good, just teaching and what not. There was the finale of the Chilean soap opera that I was watching. It was called Don Amour and was as cheesy as the title hints at. The ending was terribly predictable, though the rest of the show was pretty eventful. I have come to realize that it has greatly helped accustoming my ear to the Chilean Spanish. The next couple of weeks are going to be hectic, I have some meeting and what not and school this week and next week is my birthday so that should be fun. I think that we are going out with the teachers after our class on Tuesday, (Tuesday nights Brian and I teach the professors and personnel English.) Then on Wednesday I am going to the Chile vs. Brazil soccer game, which should be a lot of fun. I am really excited about that. Then I think we are going out with the Padres and my community that weekend out to a nice dinner, so that should also be fun. Then we have the next week off because there is a National holiday on Thursday the 18th, celebrating Chilean Independence, which is on February 12. Yeah, I don’t know the answer to that obvious question either, but it is apparently a very big festival and should be extremely fun. We also just got word that Padre Erwin hooked up us with passes with Buenos Muchachos for the festival week. Buenos Muchachos is the nice restaurant in the area and is known for the food and also the typical Chilean Dances and music that they play there. The festival is apparently the big thing of the entire year; it is supposedly going to be amazing. A good way of comparing this would be that the festival is a huge concert or festival and we just got passes. So I am really looking forward to that, along with over a week.

1 comment:

Will said...

Just catching up on your adventure, sounds like a good time bro